Rich Tomato Soup
Always a comforting classic, our blend enhances the flavour of this humble gorgeous soup. Taking you to a fiesta of flavour explosions.
5' + 75' preparation & cooking time
Advieh Ash spice
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and diced
- 1 potato (100g), diced
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tin of whole San Marzano tomatoes. They’re the best.
- 3 tsp Advieh Ash by Camelēr Spice Co.
- Salt, to taste
- Drizzle of cream
- Toasted croutons
- Shavings of parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C/430°F . Place carrots and bell peppers on a baking tray with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt, and roast for about 25 minutes, or until soft and charred on the tops.
- While the vegetables are roasting, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and potato, sprinkle a little salt; cook while occasionally stirring, until the onion is transparent and the potato begins to crisp on the outer edges (about 6-7 minutes). Stir the tomato paste through the potatoes and onion; pour in the stock; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for about 15 minutes or until potato is just tender when tested with a fork.
- Pour the tinned tomatoes and their juice into a bowl and crush them with your hands. Add the crushed tomatoes and the roasted vegetables, and 2 tsp of the Advieh Ash spice blend to the saucepan, stir and Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree in batches and return to the saucepan. Add cream if desired. Taste and season with salt and add 1 more tsp of the Advieh Ash spice blend and continue to simmer for about 2 minutes.