Cheese and Ham Toastie
Upgrade your sandwich. The deluxe pan-fried cheese and ham toastie. Working from home, this will do the job and it is also easy to make Vegan. Who doesn’t love a toastie?
2' + 7' preparation & cooking time
- 1/2 tsp of oil, to grease
- Butter, to spread on bread
- 2 slices about 1cm thick of bread, preferably sourdough
- 25g cheddar
- 25g gruyere
- 15g mozzarella Cucina or any grated mozzarella (cooking mozzarella preferred as it usually has a low water content)
- 2 slices of finely sliced honey roast ham
- 1 tsp BĀQA blend by Camelēr Spice Cº
- Heat the oven to 120°C if making multiple toasties.
- Set a greased frying pan, preferably cast iron, on medium heat. If you have a grill pan then that is even better.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheeses and toss them together along with the BĀQA blend. Butter the bread on the side it will face down in the pan, then put half the cheese mixture on one of the slices of the bread, then ham and top with the remaining cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- When the pan is hot, add the toastie and weigh it down with a small plate and anything heavy (like a couple of tins of tomatoes). Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden on the underside, then flip and repeat.
- Serve immediately, or put in the oven while you repeating with others and enjoy.