The Camelēr's Porridge
Full of gut-friendly and delicious ingredients, come rain or shine, this is our take for the best start to the day.
20'+30' preparation & cooking time
Advieh-E Halegh spice
- 175g oats
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 360ml water
- 120ml full-fat or light coconut milk
- 1 - 2 tsp Advieh-E HALEGH by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 30-45ml honey or maple syrup (to reduce sugar if required, you can add stevia to taste)
- Cashew butter
- Bee pollen
- Coco nibs
- Caramelized bananas
- A pinch of Advieh-E HALEGH by Camelēr Spice Co.
- Once oats are soaked and drained well, add back to medium saucepan with water, coconut milk and bananas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once a boil is reached, reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until oats are tender and the liquid is almost fully absorbed.
- Add more coconut milk or water as needed if oats appear dry or are sticking to bottom of pan.
- Add ADVIEH-E HALEGH spice blend, salt and honey or maple syrup and stir to combine. Then taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness or the spice mix for more warmth / spice.
- Serve with additional coconut milk if desired and enjoy as is or garnish with toppings of choice.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3-4 days and reheat on the hob or in the microwave, adding more water or coconut milk to thin it out. Alternatively, store in the freezer up to 1 month. Freeze into individual serving sizes and thaw the night before or cook from frozen on the hob or microwave until hot, adding more water or coconut milk as needed.