The Camelēr's Coleslaw
A delicious twist on a classic side salad. This would also make an epic ham, cheese and coleslaw sandwich.
20'' preparation & cooking time
- 1 shallots, sliced
- 1 white cabbage (750g)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 TBSP salt
- 2 TBSP tahini
- Juice of up to 1 lemon, adjust to taste, add ½ at a time
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp VEGETŌ by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- 60g chopped parsley
- 10g chopped mint
- With a large knife, cut the cabbage in half and then into quarters. The slice the dense thick stem/core and remove from each quarter.
- Slice the cabbage across the grain to make fine crunchy slithers and set aside in a bowl.
- Cure the cabbage with the salt and mix in by squeezing the shreds with your hands and bruising them, leave for 45 minutes, relating the mix squeeze motion occasionally, until it feels quite tender.
- Drain the liquid for the cabbage and discard.
- Mix tahini with the lemon to emulsify then add the olive oil and honey, VEGETŌ and taste. Adjust seasoning with lemon and honey as needed.
- Mix the dressing, the cured cabbage, shredded carrots, parsley and mint and serve immediately or set aside in the fridge until ready to serve, the flavours develop beautifully over time.