Spiced Pomegranate Spritzer
A sublime fun cocktail for darker evenings.
7' + 5' preparation & cooking time
Advieh-E Halegh spice
- 1 quarter cup of sugar
- 1 quarter cup of water
- 2 tsp Advieh-E Halegh by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 120 ml of pomegranate juice
- 30 ml Chambord
- 60 ml Vodka
- Prosecco or Cava for top up
Optional sprig of mint or rosemary
- Add equal parts sugar and water to a saucepan with the Advieh-E Halegh
- Gently simmer until the sugar dissolves
- Pour into a tall jug or Boston (cocktail shaker) and leave to cool. Refrigerate if you are going to do the preparation earlier in the day
- Add the pomegranate juice and Chambord together
- Add vodka optional. Stir the jug or ideally shake the Boston shaker with vigour. Use a Hawthorne strainer to pour into a flute.
- Top up each cocktail glass with Prosecco or Cava or splash out with Champagne. N.B Choose a dry or semi dry as the pomegranate will be sweet.
- If you have a spring of mint or thyme, add for decoration or even some pomegranate seeds.
- If you don't have all alcoholic ingredients, feel free to improvise. You could change the vodka for gin.