Spiced Cognac Coffee
“Vive la France” This spiced coffee is the perfect boozy hit after a dinner party.
5' + 5' preparation & cooking time
Quatre Épices spice
- 1 tsp of Quatre Épices by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 50ml of Cognac such as Hennessy (If you have Grand-Marnier you can reduce the Cognac to 25 ml and add 25 ml of Grand-Marnier)
- 75ml coffee
- 1 tsp of brown sugar or agave is a good alternative
- Whipped cream (double cream or heavy/whipping cream)
- Coffee beans to decorate (optional)
- Brew the coffee as you do normally. Ideally you will need a double espresso or an Americano. It is perfectly okay to make it your favourite coffee by brewing it in a Stove top Coffee Percolator or in a Moka Pot if you do not have a coffee machine. Bialetti is one of the best traditional Moka Pot's.
- Add 1 tsp of the Quatre Épices and 1 tsp of the brown sugar to a tall glass. Then top up with the freshly brewed coffee. N.B. Make sure that there is a metal spoon in the glass to prevent cracking.
- Give all the above a good stir before you add the alcohol.
- Add the Cognac or the combination of the Cognac and Hennessy to the spiced coffee brew
- Top off with whipped cream and decorate with coffee beans should you have them.