Persian Beef Brisket
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP rapeseed oil,
- 1 TBSP Advieh-E Khoresh by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 1 TBSP flour
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery, quartered
This recipe is a joyful hiatus for a supper sit down with friends and family. Brisket is superb for slow cookers and one pot dishes. This is our good-mood-food recipe. Our Advieh-E Khoresh blend gives this Persian Brisket a earthy floral flavour. It is our only saffron infused blend, and our alchemist spent days in the development phase in perfecting our award-winning Advieh-E Khoresh seasoning. This wonderful dish pairs beautifully with buttery mash potato or herby rice.
- Heat a large frying pan on a high temperature.
- In a bowl mix together, salt and pepper to taste with oil and brown sugar. Rub the joint with the oil mixture and sear on all sides until golden brown, before you place in the slow cooker. Ideally the brisket should be at room temperature, and we sear it on all sides to seal in those lovely juices.
- In the same frying pan, lower the heat if it seems too hot and smoky, add the onions with a sprinkling of salt and cook until it golden around the edges, around 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and spice blend, Advieh-E Khoresh and cook out for 3-5 minutes. Gradually add the stock and the Worcestershire sauce until homogenous, then add the mixture to the slower cooker along side the carrots and celery. Cook for 5 hours on high heat or 9 hours on a low heat. We recommend that you stir and check a minimum one hour before time is up for the doneness of the meat, it should be tender and easily shredded with a fork.
- Once time has passed, place the brisket on to a plate, scoop out the vegetables and taste the gravy and adjust seasoning if needed with salt and or sugar .