Herby Ricotta Béchamel
A luxurious twist to an iconic sauce, pairs beautifully as a layer with a lasagna and/or a moussaka
10' + 15' preparation & cooking time
- 80g butter
- 1 shallot or onion, finely diced
- 75g flour
- 1 litre of milk
- 1 BĀQA by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 500g ricotta
- Salt and black pepper
- Melt butter, add shallots, a pinch of salt and cook until softened.
- Add flour into the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, stirring continuously.
- Once sauce bubbles, lower the heat and cook for 8 minutes, stirring constantly, the béchamel sauce will become smooth and thick. Remove from the heat, then add ricotta, BĀQA herb blend and stir until smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.