Persian Herby Rice
A rice dish full of herby delectable delights
15'+20' preparation & cooking time
Advieh Berenij spice
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 15g Dill
- 15g Coriander
- 15g Parsley
- 15g Chives
- 60g broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 2 tsp Advieh Benerij by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ TBSP oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP salt
- 100g Water
- Chop the herbs and in a large bowl mix with 2 sliced garlic and spice blend, Advieh Berenij and combine well.
- Rinse the rice 3-4 times until the water becomes clear and set aside.
- Add the butter and melt in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the 2 sliced garlic and the rice and stir for 3-4 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Cover the rice with water, add salt and making sure the water just touches the surface of the rice. Bring to the boil and then cover with a lid and change the heat to low cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn heat off add the herbs and blanched broad beans and fold through the rice and serve immediately.