Aromatic Butternut Squash Soup
Wintery, nutritious and tasty butternut squash soup.
10' + 28' preparation & cooking time
Advieh ASH spice
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 medium shallots (thinly diced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (800g) peeled & chopped butternut squash
- 1 pinch each sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 TBSP Advieh Ash by Camelēr Spice Co.
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 480ml vegetable broth
- 1-3 TBSP maple syrup
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- A dollop of cream or oat crème fraîche
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add oil, shallots, sauté for 5-8 minutes and until translucent.
- Add garlic, stirring frequently and cook for 1 min and fragrant.
- Add butternut squash and season with salt, pepper, 1/2 tbsp of Advieh Ash. Stir to coat. Then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, and maple syrup. Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Using a blender, purée the soup on high until creamy and smooth. Return soup back to pot.
- Add the remainder of the Advieh Ash spice blend. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and/or maple syrup as needed. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve as is or with garnishes of choice (options above). Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. It really does lend itself to batch cooking for the freezer.