Persian Strawberry Compote
It is the prefect marriage for vanilla ice cream, yogurt and muesli, toast and croissants, pancakes, cheesecake and a whole lot more.
5' + 10' preparation & cooking time
Advieh-E Halegh spice
- 450g strawberries
- 2 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Advieh-E Halegh by Camelēr Spice Co.
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the strawberries by cutting them in half, and rinsing them under cold water.
- Add all the ingredient to a saucepan.
- Over a medium to high heat bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Once boiled, reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring often for another 5 minutes or so until the volume has reduced by half.
- Allow to cool and taste for seasoning adding more of the honey or maple as desired.
- Transfer to a clean/sterilized glass “Kilner” jar. It should keep for two weeks in the refrigerator and use generously with desserts or simply spread on toast.